Sounds Roll to Fourth Consecutive Win
Jose Trevino knocked in four runs and Zack Granite scored four runs to help the Nashville Sounds to a runaway 13-6 win over the Oklahoma City Dodgers Wednesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.One night after collecting a season-high 15 hits, Nashville scored a season-high 13 runs and matched the hit
One night after collecting a season-high 15 hits, Nashville scored a season-high 13 runs and matched the hit output with another 15. They scored two or more runs in four separate innings, including four in the fourth and four in the eighth.
It was all Nashville from the start as
The Dodgers got a run back in the bottom of the second before the Sounds delivered an early knockout punch in the fourth. Granite and Trevino collected hits in the frame, and
Oklahoma City cut the deficit to 9-5 going into the eighth inning but Nashville plated another four runs.
Trevino went 2-for-5 with a season-high 4 RBI and Granite went 4-for-5 with 4 runs scored. Ibanez put together a huge line with 3 hits, 3 RBI, 2 runs scored and 2 walks.
Game three of the four-game series is scheduled for Thursday morning in Oklahoma City. Left-hander
- With tonight's 13-6 win, the Sounds are now 12-21 on the season.
- The win extended Nashville's winning streak to a season-best four games.
- Zack Granite scored a career-high 4 runs and matched a career-high with 4 hits.
- Andy Ibanez recorded a season-high 3 RBI and matched a season-high with 3 hits.
- The 13 runs scored by Nashville are a season-high and the 15 hits equaled the season-high set Tuesday night in the series opener.
The 2019 season is the 42nd in Nashville Sounds franchise history and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.