To provide a welcoming experience for all, the Norfolk Tides have implemented a Fan Code of Conduct. Out of respect for fellow guests, players, coaches, and ballpark staff,
ALL GUESTS ARE PROHIBITED FROM:
- Trespassing on the playing field at any time;
- Interfering with baseballs that are in play;
- Throwing or tossing objects;
- Using foul, obscene or derogatory language or gestures;
- Misusing or overconsuming alcohol, including, underage consumption;
- Behaving in a manner that is disruptive, unruly, or abusive;
- Accessing areas of the ballpark without a proper ticket, pass, or credential;
- Misusing tickets, passes, or credentials in any way; or
- Bringing prohibited items into the ballpark.
Derogatory language is defined as offensive language concerning a person’s race, ethnicity, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, or national origin, and anyone using such language is subject to automatic ejection from the ballpark.
Violations of the Fan Code of Conduct will not be tolerated and may lead to ejection from the ballpark, a ban on attending future games, or other consequences. Guests who are found to have used derogatory language will be ejected from the ballpark. Guests displaying any type of disruptive, unruly or abusive behavior, as deemed by Tides management, will be asked to leave the premises. Failure to comply will result in arrest and prosecution.
Guests are encouraged to report violations of the Fan Code of Conduct to the nearest ballpark staff member. This can be done in person, at the Information Booth location, directly with Security/Norfolk Police at the Ballpark or by calling our Front Office at (757) 622-2222.